The Indianapolis Baptist Temple was founded in 1950, by George Young. Five years later in June, 1955, Gregory J. Dixon became the second Pastor and continued his ministry faithfully for 41 years. Today, through the ministry of the Indianapolis Baptist Temple, Dr. Dixon continues to work with the Unregistered Baptist Fellowship helping Pastors across the country in the area of Religious Liberty.
Sunday, July 7, 1996, Gregory A. Dixon became only the third Pastor of the Indianapolis Baptist Temple. His official installation service was held on Sunday, December 3, 1996, with Dr. Art Wilson presiding.
The past 60 years the Lord Jesus Christ has truly blessed the congregation with fruitful ministries, a local and worldwide presence, thousands of souls saved, a core of dedicated ministers, and great people.
We truly have a great work ahead of us. With God’s grace and help, the congregation is rising up to meet the challenge before us. We hope you will join us.
What we believe:
Please download our full doctrinal statement.